photo by Karen Elizabeth
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 130 g tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a medium NON STICK! pan, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rice and stir for 1-2 minutes, or until well coated in the oil.
- Add the tomato paste, cumin and stock to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to very low, cover tightly with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice tender.
- Fluff up the grains with a fork and serve as a side dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well, I am very passionate about cooking and love discovering new recipes. I love participating in the events since I'm always finding new recipes that I wouldn't have found on my own. My housemates and boyfriend all enjoy our food adventures and I love to leave people positive reviews and nice ish photos.