- Ready In:
- 1 cup white rice (uncooked)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (Swanson Brand)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 -3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 chopped onion
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 chopped fresh tomato
- 6 -7 teaspoons tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- Crush garlic and cumin together in mocajete.
- Add small amount of chicken broth to mocajete.
- Place oil in pan. Add rice and cook until lightly browned.
- Add onion and bell pepper to pan.
- Saute a few minutes, then add the fresh tomatoes and cook a few more minutes.
- Add the liquid from the mocajete to the pan with the rest of the chicken broth.Add a small amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes, add frozen peas.
- Cover and simmer on medium to low flame until liquid is absorbed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was excellent and much enjoyed by everybody. I used tomato paste instead of the sauce and water and stock powder instead of the canned broth which we don't get here. I was especially looking for a rice with vegetables in it so I didn't need another side dish. I chopped about a tablespoon of pickled jalapeno and added that to the rice too. A super easy recipe that I'll be making again soon thank you.