Mexican Festival Rice
I don't know that this is even remotely close to being a Mexican recipe but it is a very colorful dish and I serve it when our dinner group gets together and we do a Mexican theme. To make it more hearty you can add a 15 oz drained can of black, pinto or kidney beans!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup corn (I use frozen)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook stirring for 1 minute. Add rice, stir to coat. Add broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 mintues.
- Stir in corn, bell pepper and tomatoes. (Beans if you like) Cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until rice tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in onions right before serving.