Mexican Eggs With Crispy Tortilla Slices
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 chili (red or green diced or to your taste)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup coriander (cilantro leaves)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly beat eggs and combine with the milk and season well.
- Cut the tortillas into narrow strips and place on a oven tray and bake in 200C oven until they are golden brown and crisp.
- Heat oil in a medium pan and add the onion and cook over moderate heat until the onion is tender but not coloured and then add the garlic and the chilli and cook a minute longer.
- Pour the eggs and cook over a moderate heat, stirring only enough to move the curds from the base of the pan, you want big soft curds.
- When the egg is almost set, remove from the heat and fold through the tomatoes, tortilla crisps and the coriander and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.