Mexican Eggs with Beans
- Ready In:
- Soak pinto beans overnight, or at least six hours.
- (If using) Drain water from beans, then bring roughly 3 cups of water to boil, add beans and simmer for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Mash with fork or process in food processor.
- NOTE: Food processor yields smoother, thinner beans.
- Beat all eggs together in bowl and add to large skillet with heated oil.
- Cook on medium until eggs are almost done (white but still runny) Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in oven until warm, approx.
- 7-8 min at 250 F.
- Corn tortillas can also be dry cooked on griddle if toasted tortilla is desired.
- Add mashed beans to eggs and heat until eggs are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle on desired amount of crumbled cheese.
- Split between two plates and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve crema and salsa on side.
- (I use my homemade salsa verde) Use tortillas as flat bread with eggs or wrap eggs up burrito style for a toteable breakfast burrito.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am very interested in healthy living and put an emphasis on healthy cooking techniques, as well as try to balance good cooking with working 50 hour weeks. I also enjoy traveling, and have lived (and eaten well) in Spain, Mexico, and France. Mexican food is my favorite ethnic food, if authentic.</p>