Mexican Chipotle Chicken Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, cut into large chunks
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper, in adobo sauce, minced (seeds left in for extra heat)
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes, canned and their liquid
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 tortillas, fried until brown and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Add oil to a stock pot. Sprinkle chicken breast with salt and pepper and brown on both sides. The breast does not have to be cooked through. Remove from pot and shred with a fork.
- Add onion, garlic and minced chipotle to the oil. Fry quickly for about 1 minute. Then add the tomatoes, stock, corn and cilantro. Bring to a boil, add the shredded chicken and simmer for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Add the diced avocado and bring back to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle fried tortilla strips on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!