- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste (fill cans 3 times with water)
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup cooked rice (I use Minute Rice)
- Brown beef and onions lightly.
- Add tomatoe sauce, paste, water, tomatoes with green chilies, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, sugar, garlic, and cooked rice.
- Mix lightly, but thoroughly, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- (Mixture should be thick or add additional rice and simmer extra.).
Join The Conversation
This is one that is going to be seeing a good many repeats at our house. That everyone loved it was evident, it had almost disappeared before I got to the eating! Other then having to add green chilies to a can of tomatoes I made as posted. Another great tasting recipe for the family cookbook! Thank you Roxygirl.
I was going to make a beautiful salad with this and take a picture, but the family came in, smelled the wonderful aroma and dug in, eating it with tortilla chips and I didn't get to get a picture!!!! Made exactly as directed....the only complaint was by my husband who had to add a little salt....but then, he adds salt to everything, so that doesn't really count!!!!