Mexican Beans and Rice
- Ready In:
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Add onion, jalapeno, garlic and cumin. Cook 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatillos. Cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Add pinto beans and cilantro. Cook 2-3 more minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve beans over rice. Top with cheese and/or sour cream if desired. Leftovers, without toppings, are particularly good reheated after a day or so.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am, to be honest, somewhat intimidated by the community aspect of this site. I don't really wish to be overly involved in it. (Sorry.) I'm here because RecipeZaar allows me the chance to find a wide variety of excellent recipes, not to be social. For me, this site is a valuable resource... not a community. I say this to explain why I might not be overly wordy in my information here, or in any reviews I might choose to post. Or why I might not choose to review much at all. However, this is a community, so a little about me to get things kicked off. I am a computer programmer living in southern Indiana. In my spare time, I spend even more time on the computer, surfing the Web or coding Web sites. I also read, although I am not as quick at it as I used to be. I tend toward fantasy and science fiction, though lately I've taken a turn into nonfiction about ancient Greek religion. When it comes to food, I cook because I have to. However, if I have to do it, I want it to be good. That's where RecipeZaar comes in.