Mexican Bean Salad
photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (1 T if dried)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (less if regular table salt)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 dashes chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Combine beans, onion, red pepper, cilantro and corn in a very large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients except for the chili powder.
- Pour dressing over beans and mix well.
- Sprinkle a dash of chili powder over the top of the salad.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- Before serving, toss salad again, then add another dash of chili powder and spread avocado over the top of the salad.
- (Don't add the avocado until right before serving.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Love,love this recipe! Just bought a garlic/ lemon flavored olive oil & cilantro& garlic and jalapeño flavored balsamic vinaigrette at a festival this weekend & used them in place of the wine vinegar and olive oil..<br/> DELICIOUS and it hasn't even marinated or had the avocado or chili powder added yet!!!
Excellent lunch salad! I had to use red kidney beans, as we don't have pinto beans here, and I reduced the oil to 1/3 cup. Kept everything else the same and served with some chopped jalapeÃ±o on the side, so everyone could adjust the spice level to their own tastes. This was a nice simple, light summer salad that was a hit with everyone. Thanks puppitypup!