- Ready In:
- 8 ounces wagon wheel macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb fresh boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 " diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and heat until hot.
- Sauté chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and corn and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with hot pasta and garnish with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for dinner last night. It was very easy to put together and pretty tasty. I did change it a bit but not toooo much. We really like spicy so I minced a jalapeno and added it with the corn and tomatoes. I also used slightly more cheese and instead of plain monterey jack, I used pepper jack. (My lips started getting that tingly burn from the spice but it was delicious!) I couldn't find the wagon wheel pasta so I used cavatappi which is a pretty thick curly pasta. I really enjoyed my dinner and I will make this many times. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of three and live in central Pennsylvania. My children were very active in after school activities and found we weren't spending anytime together at meal time. In 1998, I decided to start cooking my dinners in a crockpot so that we could have a home cooked meal together once everyone came home. My children now get so excited to see what we are having to eat and love the smell when they walk in the door. My family calls me the crock pot queen. LOL I use my crock pot everyday of the year. <br> <br>My three children are now in college and before they come home they request their favorite meal. I still continue to cook in the crock pot for my husband and I. It is nice after a long day to know your meal is ready. It also helps in keeping my grocery bill down. With zaar, I can print my shopping list and that is all I purchase is the ingredients on that list. <br> <br>Now, my two daughters have been crock pot cooking while in college. They find it is easy to cook for the themselves and their friends. It is an easy way to have friends over for dinner after classes <br> <br>I still love trying new recipes and purchasing cookbooks, especially crock pot cookbooks. <br> <br>Happy Cooking!