Meringue Powder Glaze
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 3 1⁄2 cups sifted powdered sugar, divided
- paste food coloring
- With a fork, beat together in a small bowl the meringue powder, water, and 2 cups of the sifted powdered sugar until smooth.
- Gradually stir in about 1 1/2 cups additional powdered sugar to make a smooth glaze that is spreadable but not runny. It should have a flowing consistency and be too thin to have ridges when spread.
- Divide into separate bowls if desired before tinting with paste food coloring.
- Use to frost sugar cookies of your choice - or Bloomin' Sugar Cookies (recipe #188686).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I bought meringue powder for another recipe some months ago and was looking for other opportunities to use it. Came across this recipe while preparing my annual holiday trays and decided to try. I used a 1/2 teaspoon of clear vanilla extract in my glaze and otherwise followed the directions. The glaze was very easy to work with, forgiving with time (great for multi-taskers) and results which were terrific in both taste and appearance. Thanks!