Merengue Christmas Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From the KS Star, Thanksgiving 2011, 2nd place recipe. Susann Schaum, OPKS. They are nicely different cookies, airy and chewy at the same time. She suggests using food coloring, which I don't use.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (I used less) or 3/4 cup stevia (I used less)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips, mini (try less)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold in sugar, beating until thick.
- Add vanilla, choc. chips, and pecans. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonful on greased cookie sheet, or greased parchment paper.
- Turn oven off. Place cookies in oven and leave for 4 hours or overnight.
- (I opened after 3 hours and they were set and almost completely cool.).
- Makes 18-24.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION