Men's Health Stir-Fried Chicken With Basil and Chilies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recipe taken from Menshealth.com's "The only Seven meals you need for 2008"
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast half, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock, white wine or 1/2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1. Place a large, deep skillet or wok over high heat. Add half the oil and immediately toss in the jalapeños and half the garlic and ginger. Stir for 15 seconds, and then add the onion and continue stirring for 5 minutes.
- 2. Remove the vegetables from the pan and lower the heat to medium. Add the remaining oil, garlic, and ginger to the pan, along with the chicken. Raise the heat to high again and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Return the vegetables to the pan and mix in the scallions, basil, and fish sauce. Season with salt and pepper and then add the liquid, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan until the amount of liquid is reduced. Serve with rice.
- Change It Up :.
- Have More Produce.
- In step 3, add 2 cups of cauliflower or broccoli, boiled until just tender. Nix the basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION