Mennonite German Pancakes
- Ready In:
1 round puffy oven pancake
- If you make more than one pancake, make each one individually.
- Stir with a fork only leaving lumps in batter.
- Pour into a metal cake pan that has about 1 1/2 tablespoon butter or margarine melted into it. (I like to use metal cake pans with completely vertical sides as it works better than glass pans.).
- Bake at 350 degrees about 15-20 minutes. I sometimes bake them slightly longer until the puffs are golden brown.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top and then sprinkle with confectioner's sugar. You may eat it this way or top with the wonderful strawberry freezer jam, warmed up, like we do at our house. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!