Memphis-Style Turkey Legs - Alton Brown
I've yet to cook turkey legs. They're so inexpensive---I've got to try them soon. This recipe in Alton Brown's "Feasting On Asphalt - The River Run," was inspired by a dish at Melanie's Soul Food in north Memphis.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 4 smoked turkey legs
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup hot barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the legs in a 13x9-inch baking pan and sprinkle with the seasoned salt.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, gently uncover the pan and turn the legs over. Continue to bake for another hour.
- Remove from the oven and drain off any remaining water.
- Combine the barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and glaze the turkey legs with the sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more