Memphis' Garlic Frank Dinner
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Chop vegetables and place potatoes/carrots/onions in bottom of large pot and cover with water. I salt and pepper genourously.
- Then place cabbage on top of veggies (add more salt and pepper).
- Add 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add 1 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Place garlic franks over cabbage and cover.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until cabbage is soft.
- Sometimes I cook mine in the crockpot because of the pan size. I cook on high for 2 hours in the crockpot. However -- The garlic franks will bust open like hot dogs in the the crockpot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span style=color: #800080;><em>I am a 37 year old married, mother of 2 boys Trent (18) & Brett(14). I have been out of my mom's house since I was 18 and wanted to become a great cook for my family. I love trying new recipes and love to share my favorite recipes with others. I think I've done pretty well, my husband & kids love just about everything I cook.</em> </span><br /><br /></p>