Meme's Creamed Corn from Virginia Willis
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 ears fresh corn
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Scrape kernels from the corn--should yield about 3 cups.
- In a large skillet, heat bacon fat over medium heat until sizzling. Add corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Add butter and stir to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Talk about good southern corn!!! I made this with one ear of corn to go along with my leftover beef stroganoff for lunch. I used 1/2 tsp bacon fat and then 2 tsp butter along with the salt and pepper. With such little bacon fat, compared to the amount of corn kernels, I was surprised at how much the flavor still came through, along with the butter, so yummy. It is funny that I have her cookbook also, but hadn't tried this recipe, but very happy that I have now!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Newest Tag Game.