Melting Moments (Cookies/Biscuits)
A recipe I found at All British Food.com and am posting for ZWT6. These crisp, crunchy biscuits melt in the mouth—hence their name. A freshly baked batch will soon disappear.
- Ready In:
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 3 ounces caster sugar (1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- crushed corn flakes
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk.
- Add the vanilla flavouring, stir in the flour to give a smooth dough and divide into about 24 portions.
- Form each piece into a ball and roll in crushed cornflakes.
- Place the balls on the baking sheets and bake in the oven at 190°C (375°F) mark 5 for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets for a few moments before lifting on to a wire rack.
- Instead of cornflakes, use 50 g (2 oz) rolled oats. Press half a glace cherry 8in the centre of each biscuit.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION