- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter (please don't substitute!)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 -3 cups powdered sugar, to make a thick frosting
- Mix butter, flour and powdered sugar.
- Roll into balls the size of ping-pong balls.
- Place on cookie sheet and flatted to about 1/2 inch.
- Bake at 425* for just a few minutes until the edges just begin to show color (really watch them closely!) When cool, frost with the icing mixture on the FLAT side- to create a sandwich cookie.
- (You can just frost the cookie tops to double the cookie total. Also, you may substitute almond extract and a touch of red coloring for the cherry juice).
Join The Conversation
Hi! I'm a newbie when it comes to baking! tried out your cookies for the first time and everyone loved it (which hardly ever happens!) I was just wondering though, are they meant to be delicate? cause the cookies crumble easily when i transferred them to a plate. is there a way of making the texture a bit harder? do reply. thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My most important position is Mom...to Spencer, 27; Emily, 25; and Marieke, 21. My son is a Harvard Law student on hiatus, my daughters are students at KU. I am raising my "granddog" while my daughters are at school! (a very spoiled dachshund)I love to sew and create many of my own patterns (whimsical toys, etc.)