Melted Cheese Dip (Salsa De Queso Fundido)
Restaurants call this delicious dip chili pepper and cheese dip. Serve with tacos or nachos. This recipe was modified with the gracious help from mama's kitchen.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded (or Monterey Jack)
- 1 cup beer
- 4 ounces canned diced green chiles
- 3 -4 garlic cloves or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring beer to boil in medium saucepan, reduce heat to low. Add cheese mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until all cheese is melted. Repeat with the remaining cheese - but do not boil!
- Stir in the chiles, crushed garlic or garlic powder cilantro and seasoning. Pour into a warmed serving bowl.
- Before serving you can put the dip under a broiler to brown the top giving it a nice crust.
- Sprinkle with jalapenos and drizzle with taco sauce. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, or keep warm in an oven.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Not sure what went wrong...followed the 1st step and after about 15 minutes of stirring constantly all I had was a glob of melted cheese in beer. If anyone tries this and has the same result as I did, I would advise you to throw the glob in the trash and not the garbage disposal. It could gum up the disposal.