Melt in Your Mouth Tea Cookies
photo by CookingONTheSide
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream the shortening, butter and sugar together.
- Blend in the vanilla, almond extract and nuts.
- Sift together flour and salt, adding it to wet ingredients and mixing until dough is smooth and well blended.
- Shape into small balls (1 tbsp of dough for each).
- Place balls on ungreased baking sheet and flatten bottoms just enough so they won't roll.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar after baking.
- Option: If desired, top with colored sugar, coconut or more nuts before baking and then don't roll in powdered sugar after baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These cookies certainly melt in your mouth! They are simple to make and are delicious. You can't eat just one! I really like the combination of vanilla and almond in these. I only got 32 cookies out of my batch. I used a tablespoon for each cookie. I baked mine for 20 minutes and they were perfect. Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag.