Mel's Marvelous Mac and Cheese
photo by cipherbabe
- Ready In:
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups ham, cooked (optional)
- Cook macaroni according to direction.
- Beat together egg, milk, mustard and salt.
- Saute onion in butter.
- Drain macaroni, add back into large pot. Mix in the milk mixture. Mix in the onion. Mix in 3 cups cheese.
- Pam spray casserole dish.
- Pour pot contents into dish.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese on top and a little bread crumbs and broil for 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!