Mellow Yellow Fall Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vindaloo curry paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 500 g yellow squash, chopped
- 200 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 liter chicken, miso or 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- finely chopped chives or coriander, to garnish
- In a heavy-based pan, cook onion, ginger, curry paste and turmeric until onion is soft.
- Add sesame oil, vegetables and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Puree soup.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Serve garnished with chives or coriander.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me and my husband in Portugal, climbing up above the clouds with our bikes. Right now we are travelling around the world on our bicycles, so I only pop onto Zaar occasionally, when internet connections and time allow me to. If I don't reply to a message about one of my recipes, now you know why! Our trip may take several years so if it's urgent, it's probably better for you to post in the forums ;) Good food is really important to me -- I am happy to pay extra for food that I feel is produced in a sustainable and ethical way and always try to eat using seasonal produce. When we were in the UK we rarely shopped at supermarkets, trying instead to favour small producers, although we were very lucky in that we lived in London and there was lots of choice. We also were fortunate enough to have a weekly organic veg box delivered to our door, filled with so many lovely vegetables for very little money. It really opened my horizons in terms of the variety of vegetables I eat. If you're in the UK, check out Riverford for a box supplier as they're amazing! When I'm not eating I love to take pictures and travel with my husband. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif">