Meemaw's Sweet Cornbread
- Ready In:
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- Put oil in large cast iron skillet. Place in oven, and turn oven on to 400 degrees. Allow skillet and oil to preheat to 400 degrees along with the oven.
- While skillet heats in oven, mix together corn meal, sour cream, cream-style corn, and eggs.
- When oven is preheated, remove hot skillet and carefully pour mix into sizzling oil. Shake handle to level out the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
this was a 4 star the next day. the first day maybe only a 3 so it definatly improves with age. i had to make my own self rising cornmeal and it called for 1/2 tsp of salt, i put less but it was still soooo salty we couldnt eat it so i tried it again with just a tiny tiny bit of salt (the creamed corn has salt too) and it turned out better. it's not very good hot, ok cool and better the next day. good with honey, not a strong flavor on its own and a little bit of a foamy slimy texture.. interesting though. if i made it again i would maybe add some vanilla or something. anyway thanks.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I enjoy this site and everyone's recipes so much.</p>