Medley of Oven Roasted Veggies With Lime Juice and Feta Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch carrot (8 small)
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 limes or 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 zucchini
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (more if you like)
- 90 g feta cheese (more if you like)
- Wash, clean and cut veggies into long finger-thin pieces (like french-fries). Make sure to separate kohlrabi and carrots from the other veggies as they need to bake longer.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Mix lime/lemon juice, oil, cinnamon,salt and sugar.
- Spread carrots and kohlrabi pieces on a baking sheet. Pour some of the marinade on top and make sure to coat well. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Add rest of the veggies and coat with remaining marinade.
- Bake for 10 more minutes and then crumble the feta cheese over the veggies.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread or enjoy as is. :).
Join The Conversation
Fabulous roasted vegetable casserole! The combo of vegetables made for a lovely display of fall colors, but they were tasty as well. I think the lime juice and lightly melted crumbled feta cheese in the last 5 minutes of roasting is what made this vegetable dish stand out. I can't wait to try it with other fall vegetables that I will get at this fall's Farmer's Market. Thanks for posting this recipe, Lalaloula.
Oh yummmm! The cinnamon makes this side-dish dessert like - went great with chicken on the grill tonight. Instead of kohlrabi, I used a turnip like another reviewed suggested - which was my favorite. I nixed the feta as well. Like Andi, I put mine under the broiler to brown a bit - they weren't browning but were definitely done around 25-30 minutes. Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow!