Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Couscous
- Ready In:
- 1 large red onion, cut in eights
- 1 red pepper, cut in eights
- 1 yellow pepper, cut in eights
- 1 courgette, cut in 1/4 inch diagonal pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 60 g dried apricots, chopped
- 1 head garlic
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 50 g pine nuts, roasted
- 250 g couscous
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- In a hot oven (200c) put the red onion, peppers, garlic and courgette in an oven proof dish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- When roasted (approx 25 - 30mins )remove and place to one side until couscous ready.
- Turn off oven and put pine nuts in for 5 mins as oven cools down - do not let burn.
- In a heat proof bowl combine the couscous with cumin, coriander, cinnamon, juice and zests of lemon, lime and orange and hot chicken stock. Cover for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and add the apricots, chopped mint and coriander, pine nuts, roasted vegetables and roasted garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Join The Conversation
I didn't mind this recipe at all. I did add heaps of extra vegetables that I had but a few of them didn't really compliment it (my fault). So don't add roasted beetroot or carrot. The addition of eggplant was good as was cherry tomatoes. The pumpkin was also good but went a little mushy.<br/>They only thing I could fault was that with the liquid as per recipe, I found it a little mushy. I omitted apricots and the pine nuts as I didn't have any. Didn't miss it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi I'm 37, married to a wonderful American, Jody. I'm from England but in Clermont, Florida. Whilst my husband is at work in Orlando I have been working on a little cook book of all my favourite recipes that I have designed, including taking pics and testing them out on family & friends. I'm an engineer by trade, however my true love is cooking.....my favourite celebrity chef is Gordon Ramsey and I love Indian, Persian and Moroccan food. In my spare time I run Murano Glass Jewelry website ..www.lovesparkles.com... I hope you enjoy the meals I post....