- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (10 ounce) bags spinach, washed and stemmed
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1⁄2 lb ham slices
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, cut into strips
- 7 eggs
- Saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. Drain well.
- Reserve 1/2 of the pastry. Roll out remaining pastry to line a greased 8 1/2 inch (22cm) springform pan or deep cake pan. Allow pastry to over hang. Layer: 1/2 the ham, 1/2 the cheese, 1/2 the spinach mixture and 1/2 the pimento.
- Beat 6 egss and pour over this layer.
- Repeat layering with remaining ingredients.
- Roll out remaining pastry and cover. Seal edges, brush with remaining egg mixed with a bit of water and slit surface.
- Bake at 400 F (200 C) for 45 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a part-time registered nurse working in Intensive care. I am also married and have 2 teenage boys who love to eat and are always looking for dessert. In my spare time I cross stitch, sew, and go to the gym three times/6 hours/week. Finding this website has been a wonderful experience for cooking and baking delicious meals. I am really enjoying trying out the recipes that have been posted. Thank You very much.