Mediterranean Herb Pasta
- Ready In:
1 pound pasta
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine or (16 ounce) package linguine
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I used red)
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced kalamata olive
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped (I used Kumatos)
- Put pasta on to cook, following package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, place the olive oil, herbs, lemon juice, water, salt & pepper and garlic in a bowl. Whisk together well.
- Drain pasta and place in large bowl or back in cooking pan.
- Add dressing over pasta, toss till combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss gently until well combined.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a young inspiring chef. I hope to some day become a Choclatier. After all, there never can be enough chocolate :) My grandparents gave me my first cookbook this past Christmas called Greatest Ever Chocolate...so I guess you could say it is my favorite. I started baking two years ago and sold my items at our local Farmers Market. That began my love for baking, and joy of cooking. I especially like to take a recipe and change it. Sometimes the outcome has been really good and other times, well... I hope to gather some family recipes from my great grandma and my grandmas because many people recall dishes they used to have when a child only to have the recipes lost forever when the person passes away. Oh, and yes just in case you are wondering I am related to Chef Buggsy Mate...she is my Awesome Mom! The one who has instilled a love of cooking in me. And what came first the Buggsy or the Mate? I got my nickname from my mom first, then I came up with hers. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">