A dear friend gave me this delicious frittata recipe. It is wonderful to serve for a Saturday breakfast when you can sit and enjoy and your meal and not rush out the door in order to miss the morning traffic.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 9 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the first four ingredients in hot oil in a 10" oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until vegetables are tender.
- Combine eggs and next four ingredients, pour over vegetables in skillet.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat 10-12 minutes or until almost set.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 5-1/2" from heat with oven door partially open 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Cut frittata into wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This frittata has a great combination of flavors. Use the basic instructions to devise your own combinations. Saute the veggies, whisk up the eggs and spices, fry to set, broil to finish. I use a frittata to use up bits of leftover veggies and meats. Let your imagination take over! Mexican with Pico de Gallo and cumin, Italian with tomatoes and basil, American with hot dogs and cheddar.Reply
see 5 more