photo by Katherine S.
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 drops hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 lb flounder fillets
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet with a low-calorie cooking spray.
- Add olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and celery and cook about 3 minutes. Add tomato, capers, parsley, salt, black pepper, hot sauce, wine, water, and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly, and simmer 5-6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add fish and spoon sauce over it.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, or until fish is opaque in the center.
- Remove fish to a serving platter. Arrange pasta around fish. Sprinkle pasta with Parmesan cheese and a bit of black pepper, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just loved this. I used tilapia and the fillets were thin, so I did this on the stove rather than baking it. I cooked the veggies in the skillet just a little longer, then put the fillets in, spooned over the sauce, and simmered until done. They were wonderful with linguine (the angel hair disappeared). I cut the recipe in half. Also, fresh tomatoes were pale, so used canned.