Mediterranean Cracked Wheat Salad
photo by mmjj_d
- Ready In:
6-10 1/2 cup
- 2 cups cracked wheat (bulgur)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock, heated (or vegetable stock)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped (parsley also works well)
- 2 bell peppers, roasted &sliced (red)
- salt and pepper
- Rinse cracked wheat (bulgur) and put in a large bowl. Add hot broth, cover and let it stand until all liquid is absorbed (20-25 minutes).
- Let cool and fluff with fork occasionally.
- Add scallions, mint, cilantro, cucumber, olives and roasted pepper; mix well.
- Mix together garlic, olive oil, lemon (or lime) juice salt and pepper and add to salad.
- Stir in feta cheese, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!