Mediterranean Bean Salad
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped or torn into pieces
- 1 tomatoes, medium,chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, small,chopped
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup canned low-sodium kidney beans, drained,rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup canned low sodium chickpeas, drained,rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese or 1 1/2 ounces shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- Microwave frozen corn for 2-3 minutes on high, covered.
- Stir and let sit for one minute, then drain.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredient and toss well.
- Garnish with cheese before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This salad is filled with all types of wonderful veggies. What a pleasing way to up your consumption of vegetables. Don't leave out the garlic it is a must. Initially, I had forgotten the garlic, tasted the salad, then realized my mistake. Also, I topped the salad with a few grinds of fresh pepper. Nice light meal!