Meatloaf With Lentils and Vegetables
- Ready In:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup lentils, cooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumbs or 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sautee garlic, onions and carrots until just tender.
- Mix cooked vegetables, meat, lentils, bread crumbs, egg, and stock until combined.
- Grease baking dish or spray with cooking spray.
- Press mixture into dish.
- Optional: if topping with a sauce, like tomato or BBQ sauce, it can be added now. Alternatively, you could wait until after it is cooked.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
- Optional: broil the loaf for 5 minutes to brown the top.
Very good,<br/>Made a few additions though, <br/>Handful chopped mushrooms<br/>Dash Montreal steak spice,<br/>Few splashes Worcester sauce<br/>Squirt mustard<br/>1/3 cup tomato sauce<br/>1 extra egg<br/><br/>Then once in pan added a topping of ketchup (2-3 tbsp), tomatoe sauce 2 tbsp, and a splash hot sauce, which I stirred up before applying.<br/><br/>Cooked a bit longer.<br/> <br/>All in all was really good
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a graduate student in biochemistry. I started cooking when my husband was unemployed, for financial reasons, but I absolutely love it now! <br /> <br />I'm a terrible baker for some reason. I don't know what my problem is. So, for the most part, I don't even try. <br /> <br />My interests include: video games, football, health and fitness, theatre, science fiction, hunting, and comedy.</p>