MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A juicy meatloaf with more flavor than you can imagine. I have yet to have made one like this that didn't melt in a person's mouth. You will need a cooking bag.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, seasoned with garlic and or basil
- 3 teaspoons steak sauce (A-1)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- meatloaf seasoning mix (McCormick's preferred)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon montreal steak seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Combine all food ingredients into large bowl; mix well with clean hands or plastic gloves.
- Place meat combination into cooking bag.
- Form bagged contents into a loaf and place in casserole dish; tie bag.
- Cook for 50 minutes to one hour at 425 degrees.
- Carefully cut bag down the center and top with ketchup, cook an additional 10 minutes if needed.
- Meatloaf is done when cooked through, do not over cook. The bag will keep the juices and flavors inches Best served with mash potatoes, Velveeta Mac & Cheese shells and biscuit or buttery crescent roll.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It took a little doing to get the ingredient sauces together for this meatloaf, but with the help of a very aggressive ingredient-finding friend of mine, we managed & made this wonderfully moist loaf without much trouble at all! I'd never have thought to bake it in a bag! Definitely another keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]Reply