Meatlloaf Italian Meatloaf
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb ground beef (leaner is better)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (reserve juice)
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon, thick strips
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry bread, crumbs
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add water to mushroom juice to make 1 cup. Fry bacon until crispy, drain and crumble. Set aside.
- Combine beef, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, egg, mushroom juice, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl. Mix well. On wax paper, form meat mixture into a 8x12 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle meat with parsley, oregano, basil, thyme and 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs. Spread bacon, onion, mushrooms and cheese evenly over meat.
- Roll meat into an 8 inch wide loaf. Place meatloaf into an 8 inch glass bread pan or glass baking dish.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Pour tomato sauce over meatloaf, and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let meatloaf sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!