Meatballs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
I make this with my recipe#69173 but you can use your own favorite meatball for this ;-) this is great served up on cooked hot egg noodles, or cooked rice, prep time does not include making and cooking the meatballs.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb meatballs, shaped and cooked
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter (can use more or less)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small orange, juice of
- fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a skillet fry mushrooms in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until well browned (adding in the garlic the last few minutes of cooking) remove from skillet, set aside.
- In a bowl dissolve the cornstarch in a little of the half and half.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet with the remaining light cream; whisk and cook, until mixture comes to a boil,and has thickened.
- Add the remaining ingredients, meatballs and the mushrooms; return to a light boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle to with Parmesan cheese if desired, or pass the cheese at the table.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation