photo by Faith T
- Ready In:
- 35 precooked meatballs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, mushrooms and thyme, stirring occasionally, until tender and the liquid is evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth and mustard and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, 1 tablespoon water and the cornstarch.
- Whisk into the sauce.
- Add the meatballs and simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>