Meat-Stuffed Sugar Pumpkins
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Wash each pumpkin. Cut top 1/4 off each pumpkin; remove and discard seeds and fibers. Cut the tops of the pumpkins into small cubes, trimming off and discarding the pumpkin skin from each cube. Mince the pumpkin cubes in a food processor until pumpkin meat is finely ground.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, saute meat until no pink remains. Add onion and celery and cook 5 minutes longer. Stir in minced pumpkin, rice, tomatoes, eggs, salt, basil and thyme.
- Place pumpkins in roasting pan. Pack stuffing into pumpkins. Extra stuffing that overflows can be placed at the base of the pumpkins, in the pan.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil over top and crimp it over the sides of the pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until pumpkins are just tender. Watch carefully at end of roasting time so pumpkins don't overcook.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!