This has been one of my recipes for ages. I got it from a magazine, but I've no idea which one. It is very simple to make, and looks very impressive as part of an antipasto platter. Cooking time is refrigeration time. I prefer to use field mushrooms because they have more flavour, but it has a more dramatic visual effect if you use the buttons. They also soak up a lot of flavour from the dressing. Since the dressing is so simple, it relies on good ingredients. Please use fresh everything for optimal results.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 300 g mushrooms (whatever kind you like)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh curly-leaf parsley, chopped roughly
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 5 -6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- If you are using button mushrooms, leave them whole.
- Slice field mushrooms fairly thinly.
- In a serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss to coat the mushrooms well.
- At this point taste the dressing, it may need more lemon, or oil.
- It really depends on your personal preference, however it should be slightly tart.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, tossing occasionally.