Mayonnaise Cake With Caramel Icing
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1/2 cups margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Dissolve baking soda in water, set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients in one bowl.
- Add soda water.
- Blend until all ingredients are mixed, moist and blended.
- Pour into a bundt pan that has been lightly greased and floured.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375°F or until toothpick comes out clean when tested.
- Melt butter in medium heavy saucepan.
- Add brown sugar to melted butter, stirring constantly.
- Add 1/2 and 1/2 and bring to a slow boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add powdered sugar to cooled icing.
- Beat with an electric mixer until spreading consistency or at least drizzling.
- Add more powdered sugar if too thin, taste for sweetness.
Join The Conversation