Mawmaw Bellard's Pralines (Microwave Recipe)
photo by Nina M.
- Ready In:
- combine all except for vanilla extract in a microwave safe 1 quart bowl or measuring cup.
- Microwave on high for about 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minute.
- Add Vanilla extract and stir quickly.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to harden.
- If it sets up too fast while in the bowl just add a bit of evaporated milk.
- My problem was always spooning them out before the sugary mixture was thick enough or had cooled enough. I solved that by stirring quickly and checking to see if it starts to harden around the edges of my spoon or bowl. That's when it's ready to spoon out. It's very humid here so unsure how different climates will affect the outcome.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!