Maurice's Okra and Beef Curry
- Ready In:
- oil (for frying)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 -5 curry leaves
- 2 -3 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste (pls see my recipe for this)
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 -3 teaspoons coriander powder
- dry coconut powder or coconut paste
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 lb beef or 1 -2 lb mutton
- 1 bunch green coriander, chopped (cilantro)
- 1 little tamarind juice (or paste mixed with a bit of water)
- 1 package frozen okra or 1 package fresh okra
- Heat oil (it should be a little bit more than what you would normally use).
- Fry onions.
- When slightly brown add curry leaves.
- Add ginger-garlic paste.
- Fry until you see the oil coming to the top.
- add spices, coconut powder and salt and keep frying adding a little water.
- Then add tomatoes and green coriander.
- When the tomatoes are cooked, add your beef or mutton.
- When the meat is tender, add the tamarind juice and okra and cook until the okra is done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!