photo by Potagekempcc
- Ready In:
- 10 inches pie crusts (unbaked deep dish)
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb linguica sausage (Slice Thin)
- 1⁄4 cup maui onion (Small Diced)
- 1 serrano pepper (Small Diced)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 cup asiago-parmesan cheese (Grated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 jumbo eggs (Brown)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh nutmeg (Grated)
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Bake 10-inch pie crusts to directions. Place pie crusts on a wire rack to cool and reduce oven to 325°F.
- Heat a saute pan with olive oil. Add sausage, onion and serrano pepper. Season with 1/4-teaspoon sea salt and 1/4-teaspoon white pepper. Saute until sausage is brown. Remove sausage and place on a paper towel.
- Spread spicy brown mustard over bottom pie crust. Spread grated asiago cheese over mustard. Add sausage, onion, pepper over cheese and press sausage mixture lightly into the cheese.
- In a bowl wisk together eggs, salt and white pepper. In a saucepan add heavy cream, nutmeg, cream fraiche and whisk until cream is warm. Wisk warm cream and herbs into eggs.
- Pour egg mixture into pie crust and place on a sheet pan.
- Bake at 325 F 35-40 minutes or till a knife inserted into center comes out clean. Remove Quich and place on a rack to cool for 10-minutes before serving.
- Serve Maui Quiche warm or room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!