Mateo's Better then Your Taco Shop Salsa
photo by Matt P.
- Ready In:
- 8 chili de arbol dried chilies
- 4 sweet chili peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 handful cilantro
- 2 limes
- Start by boiling the 8 Chili De Arbol Chili's for about 5 to 10 minutes until they soften.
- In the meantime, heat the diced tomatoes under high heat.
- When The Chili De Arbol Chilis are soft, drain and add to diced tomatoes. Add the Cumin, Pepper, Salt and Brown Sugar to the diced tomatoes and Chili De Arbol Mix. Let simmer.
- In a Kitchen Blender, combine Sweet Chilis, Garlic, Red Onion.
- When diced tomatoes and Chili De Arbol mix are simmered. Turn off heat and pour to add diced tomatoes and Chile de Arbol into the Blender mix.
- Mix ingredients on high until a smooth consistency.
- Add the juice of 2 Limes and 1 handful of Cilantro and blend again until a smooth consistency.
- Place in refrigerator and let cool for 20 minutes.
- When Salsa is Chilled, serve with Chips. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!