Mastelo (Lamb in Oven With Wine and Dill) With Potatoes
photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- Put on the bottom of your ceramic pot the wine-twigs crosswise forming a grid.
- Put the pieces of meat over the wine-twigs. If you like you can roast the meat in a frying pan with some olive olive oil in advance.
- Spread one tablespoon of dill on the meat.
- Cover your meat with feta (optional), potatoes and add salt, pepper and the remaining dill.
- Add the wine and the olive oil.
- Cover the ceramic pot with the cover or with tinfoil.
- Put it in the oven for 2 hours at 200°C During cooking check from time to time if there is enough liquid; if necessary add some wine.
- If you wish a very tender preparation, continue to cook for 1-3 hours at 120°C.
- Note: I use a "Römertopf" for this recipe (link: http://www.roemertopf.de/english/).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a wife, mother, beekeeper, food addicted and lover of nature as well as travels. Travelling I discovered the pleasures for the food, his colors, taste and spices. Now I?m really devoted to food photography and I love experimenting with new recipes to share them with my family and the world. My main inspirations: Italy: my roots Switzerland: homeland Greece: adopted homeland Travelling: spices and dreams Herbs and Bees: education in biology Colors and shapes: love eat with eyes as well