Mashed Sweet Potatoes With Orange Essence
- Ready In:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into a large dice (about 8 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk, warmed slightly
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional)
- Steam the potatoes in a large covered pan fitted with a steamer basket until they are tender, about 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl mash the potatoes with the buttermilk and orange juice.
- Stir in the zest, salt, and nutmeg. Serve the potatoes topped with the butter, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> I love to cook, and I love to eat! I have lost over 40lbs in the 1st 6 months of 2007 by following the Body for Life program of diet and exercise. I have put together 6 cookbooks to help those that are trying to get or stay fit find healthy and great tasting recipes! Always remember to use low-fat, less calorie substitutes for any recipes that list higher fat or calorie ingredents (i.e. Milk = Skim Milk, Sugar = Splenda, Butter = Smart Balance, etc.). You really dont have to give up good taste to eat better and lose weight! Enjoy!