Mashed Potatoes With Rosemary and Leeks
This is a tasty variation of the Irish Colcannon.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs potatoes, cut in cubes (peeling optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 small leek, white part only, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cook potato cubes in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Drain and return to pot and cover.
- Heat oil in a 2 quart saucepan and lightly brown the leeks and garlic. Add fresh rosemary and continue to cook 2 minutes. Add wine or chicken broth. Using and electric mixer, mix in potatoes. Slowly add sour cream and milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: potatoes can be mashed manually, then stirred in by hand, as well as the sour cream and milk.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION