Mashed Potatoes with Kale and Leeks
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- cube and boil potatoes (with skins) in lightly salted water.
- strain, reserve 1 cup water.
- sautee garlic and leek in 2 Tbs oil until translucent.
- add kale, sautee until wilted.
- mash potatoes with reserved water, 2 remaining Tbs of oil.
- fold in sauteed veggies.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved the flavor lift that the Kale, Leeks & garlic gave to the potatoes. This could be a do ahead recipe and reheat the potatoes just before serving. I have used dried Kale reconstituted with mashed potatoes - it is very good too. Thanksheather for a really good recipe. — Oct 17, 2004 Update - Made the recipe with fresh steamed Kale, chopped unfortunately did not have any leeks - still delicious thanks again Heather
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i really like to eat. and recently i'm enjoying preparing foods. mostly i'm vegan; i like a lot of living foods. and i do enjoy comfort foods occasionally.