Mashed Potatoes with Garlic, Basil and Chives
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 10 -12 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened (or vegan margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel potatoes and chop into 2-inch pieces.
- Peel garlic cloves, and halve them if they are very large.
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water, salt lightly and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and garlic to the water and cook, until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20-25 minutes, then drain.
- Place potatoes in a bowl, and add butter.
- Mash potatoes and garlic, and add basil, chives, and enough milk to achieve a creamy but not runny texture.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
You know me as Sue L or Sue Lau. I write a food blog at palatablepastime.com which specializes in Midwestern, Amish, Southern, and Ethnic recipes. Most of which are my own recipes. There are a few there that aren't, but not many. And really, since the best of my recipes here are my recipes, it tells me you guys like me just a teensy bit. ;) I post all my latest stuff on my blog including new recipes, updates to older recipes and (hopefully) much better photos. So don't be shy in dropping by. If you like my stuff here you will LOVE my stuff there. Seriously.