Mascarpone Cheese Sauce (For Chicken Breasts or Fish)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Mascarpone is pronounced: marscaponee, and can be found in the specialty cheese case of your supermarket deli section.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add cornstarch, stirring constantly with a whisk until blended.
- Add the mascarpone cheese. Stir slowly while you add the dry white wine.
- When the cheese and wine is blended thoroughly, add the dried basil.
- Mix well and spoon sauce over the already cooked chicken breasts or fish fillets.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was not difficult to make but the 3 tablespoons dried basil made it taste quite bitter. In the end, rather than ruining the chicken breasts, we tossed the sauce in the garbage. With the cost of mascarpone cheese this was a very expense lesson. I would suggest that if anyone is tempted to try this recipe, be very cautious with the dried basil.Reply